DCYSA Leveled Up
DCYSA Classic offers players a higher level of competitive soccer. The Classic level requires dedication and commitment by the players and their families in all areas including competition, training, financial, and time.
Our top priorities and mission are to develop players while providing a positive soccer learning experience. To ensure this, it is important for every player to be placed in the right situation and environment. Our goal is to challenge players while providing enjoyment and successful experience.
DCYSA uses a multi-faceted placement process to ensure that each player is appropriately placed for the season and continues to develop.
While on the outside, only one or two of the steps involved in the process may be visible. The DCYSA Board, Directors of Coaching, and Coaches have developed tryout sessions, player assessments, and mental training plans designed with the four pillars of US Soccer in mind; physical, technical, tactical and psychological. The evaluation team behind the player placement includes area high school coaches, DCYSA Directors and DCYSA Coaches.
Players are invited to participate on a DCYSA Classic team for the coming year based on the following factors:
- Observed growth and development
- Recent on-the-field performances
- Training habits and mentality
- On and off the field maturity
- Interactions with current teammates and coaches/character
These factors are observed and collected through:
- Coaches’ notes and training/game charts (Tryouts & Games)
- Individual Development Plans
- Player evaluation meetings/sessions
- Direct game observation by program directors